Since founding Stoller Parent Coaching almost fifteen years ago, I have been featured in podcasts, books, and organizations’ summits. A few are linked below.
Having been an expert guest on the wide-reaching TiLT Parenting Podcast, I now serve as Parent Coach and Community Support for TiLT’s private community, the Differently Wired Club.
I bring parents of kids who are more my intrinsic, informed, and honed art – and science – of both holding space and providing practical, doable and hopeful possibilities. My attunement, timing, and content combine to free them to be receptive. They leave equipped for bringing their loving, capable parenting presence to themselves and their families, whatever they face.
I am a PCI Certified Parent Coach® and a Positive Intelligence Mental Fitness Coach® trained in Conscious Parenting, Somatic Attachment Therapy, Self-Compassion Coaching, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, and Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted. I am Co-Leader for the Positive Intelligence Community of Practice for Parents and Families, and a coach for the Humanitarian Positive Intelligence Community providing respite support for hosts of Ukrainian refugees.
In addition to private parent coaching and organizational staffings for childcare providers, I offer an integrated program to couples who are ready to change the tension, negativity, and discord that erupts between them about their parenting to the harmonious living of being Comprehensively Aligned Parents, which is the name of the program.
My compassion and integrated personalized approach draw heavily on the journey my husband of 37 years and I have been on with my three now grown children. All of them have been my first and most powerful teachers.
I would love to help your community of listeners in preventing preventable suffering and in maximizing their joy and fulfillment for their own sake, their children’s, and, in turn, for the world’s sake. Peace at home, one home, one listener at a time, combines to create the peaceful world we are aiming to help evolve.
Parent Coaching for Parents of Intense Kids
Create a New “Default Setting” for You and Your Family
It’s so understandable that the default way we interact with ourselves and our families is reactive and overwhelmed. You already know when you feel great about the connection you’ve created with your child. You also know how difficult it is to access that when you are depleted. We stand side by side with you to build and expand your capacity and create your ongoing energy generator.
Get Out of Your Fear-Based, Reactivity-Patterned Responses
It’s so understandable that your body is on high alert and reacts in a nanosecond because of the programming from the people who raised you, society, culture and even the trauma in the DNA of your ancestors. We help rewire and find the equanimity—Getting back to trusting that you are OK and your child is OK.
Move Into a Clear-Headed, Loving, Connected Self
You are who you’re waiting for and it’s impossible to do it alone. I see the confidence in you. I see all the ways you are incredible and by reflecting it back to you like a mirror, you strengthen your belief in yourself to the point where it’s not about you any more. It’s clear-headed and loving and you can know that you are able to easefully give the moment everything it requires from you.
Beginning Can Be Simple
1. Schedule a free exploratory conversation
You can pick a time on my calendar that works for you to have a complementary exploratory conversation where we can learn more about each other and discover if working together will be a good fit.
2. Discover and connect with Sheryl as your trail guide to finding your way back to yourself
Begin connecting with yourself, your parent partner(s), and your child(ren) and begin creating new default-settings for processing emotions and life’s curve-balls.
3. Become the joyful confident leader of your home.
Experience long-lasting relief and greatly enhanced ease of living and loving within you own heart, and between all family members, which ripples to all aspects of life.
you always guide me in a conversation where you are noticing things and opening doors that always leaves me having amazing insights and epiphanies that I truly couldn’t really imagine ever happening with anybody else! You are amazing with your ability to connect the dots! Thank you for what you do! You’re amazing!Karl S.
"Months after completing our work with Sheryl, we both use approaches and perspectives we learned from our sessions DAILY. We are so glad we did this for our family and ourselves"A.N.Oak Park, IL
“My sessions with Sheryl have provided invaluable guidance for me in specific situations as well as in the broad outlook for teaching my children the values I want them to take into the world. Through the process I have seen the relationship between my boys improve as well as my confidence as a parent grow. I am a happier parent thanks to Sheryl’s direction, knowing I have the tools and her support to guide me.”Mother of two (15 months and 5 years)experiencing challenges with sibling relationships and her own struggle to balance household demands with children’s needs
“I greatly appreciated the guidance in figuring out what I want to take a stand on. I am much more mindful of my interactions, filled with hopefulness, have changed habits and ways of thinking, and have better relationships with my kids. This process with Sheryl is a great fit for all different challenges – it helps you create a healthier more fulfilling family life and relationships.”K.T.Mother of 3 girls, Preteens and Teens
Dr. Shefali Endorsed Parent Coaching
“There are few who can work with families of gifted and twice-exceptional children the way Sheryl Stoller can. She is not only perceptive, compassionate, and knowledgeable but also extremely effective and results-oriented. She is trained in conscious parenting approaches and has had tremendous success with her clients. I unreservedly recommend her!”
– Dr. Shefali Tsabary
Clinical Psychologist and NYT bestselling author
Stoller Parent Coaching Frequently Asked Questions
The parents who hire me have families in which behaviors, emotions, abilities, and/or sensitivities, go beyond expectations. Often their children are showing signs associated with or diagnosed as ODD, ADHD, ADD, and/or anxiety. Many have explosive or implosive reactions to challenges of living. Some parents know there is giftedness and twice exceptionalities involved, others don’t. All of my clients want to figure out and create customized mindsets and tools that work well – short term and long. They are looking to:
- Find effective parenting solutions that combine reliable information with the family’s unique personalities, dynamics and circumstances
- Alleviate feelings of being overwhelmed, alone, frantic, inadequate, discouraged, exasperated, worried about their children’s prospects
- Put joy back into their lives and family relationships
- Work better as a team with their spouse/partner and/or other supports
- Know and struggle with consistently making self-care a priority as a necessity for parenting well
- Create a calm, nurturing, connected family life for all to thrive
My area of concentration is supporting parents of children who are “more” – with heightened emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
I provide individual and couples parent coaching; group parent coaching; workshops and presentations.
In Individual and Couple Coaching
Topics Often Covered:
- Self-nurturing as the foundation for parenting well
- Consciously clearing our inner landscape to create clean energy in our interactions
- Setting boundaries that work, incorporating the valid reliable research along with parents’ values, concerns and goals, and the specifics of family members’ unique contexts.
- Parenting Styles, Children’s Learning Styles and the Meshing of the two
- Ages/Stages of Development for understanding behaviors in context
- Creating connected relationships and communication
- Collaborative Problem-Solving (CPS) to build trusting relationships and lifelong interpersonal skills
- Sibling relationships to nurture mutual care, support and considerate interactions
- Life transitions as opportunities for profound positive growth
- Motivation Development to inspire self-direction and perseverance
- School Personnel and Parent Relationships, enhancing the effectiveness of the collaboration for the benefit of the child
- Technology and Media, effectively using both to enhance life
Group Parent Coaching, Workshops and Presentations
I customize the content, format, location and number of sessions to the composition and needs of the groups. Group coaching, workshops and presentations are often privately sponsored. To learn more, read on. To register or to retain me for sessions, workshops, or presentations for your group, please contact me here.
- Interactive, eliciting creative participation
- Informative, providing relevant knowledge and perspective
- Inspiring, renewing energy, hope and confidence
- Practical, guiding participants to write a plan for using new approaches for existing challenges
Informal Groups / Workshops include sessions with:
- Pre-existing parent groups, such as playgroups, Girl Scout troops, book clubs, close friends
- Parents of children of a particular age
- Parents concerned with particular issues
Institutional / Organizational sponsors and venues include:
- Pre-schools, Elementary, Middle Schools, High Schools
- Parent Coordinators
- School Administrations
- Executive Directors, Boards
- Public, private
- Physicians’ Practices
- Community centers and organizations
Sessions take place either in person, by video-chat, or phone, and last one hour. After each session, I provide clients with a written follow-up that reinforces highlights of the session, including the discoveries, acknowledgments, aha’s, and the 1-doable step clients have committed to for the week ahead. While 10 – 12 sessions are usually optimal for reaping the full benefits of my coaching, when in the best interest of the client and their children, I aim to creatively accommodate whatever time and fee constraints they face.
Specifically, parents hire me to help them with many issues, including:
- Transitions, i.e. entering a new phase of development, school, life
- Misbehaviors, i.e. power struggles, defiance, back-talk
- Children’s life-skills, i.e. cooperation and independence relative to sleep, hygiene, chores, family life, school, homework, friendships, siblings
- Personal growth as a parent, i.e. learning how to appropriately balance tendencies to fix, control, manage, and be everything for everybody
- External and internal pressures to have it all, do it all, be the smartest and best at everything, now
- Management of technology, media and peer influence
A PCI Certified Parent Coach® is a professional trained to expertly guide parents to refine their parenting approaches in ways that effectively address challenges and enhance each family member’s short and long-term well-being.
These coaches are certified upon completion of The Parent Coaching Institute’s yearlong intensive graduate-level program, a program that was developed in conjunction with Seattle Pacific University.
The PCI coaching method enables clients to:
- identify and build on what already works well for them
- learn parenting approaches proven to be effective through evidence-based research
- gain clarity about their vision for their family
- effectively customize their parenting approaches to meet their personal vision
- benefit from the professional and personal experience of their PCI Certified Coach®
PCI Parent Coaching is not mental health therapy. It is not designed to heal deep emotional wounds. It is designed to benefit healthy parents dealing with parenting challenges. This may include parents whose children and parents who are under the care of therapists and/or psychiatrists. With the client’s consent, The PCI Certified Parent Coach® can confer with those professionals to work as a team for the well being of the whole family.
2E stands for twice exceptional. It is a term that aims to capture the disparities within one person in terms of the depth and breadth of their abilities, capabilities, learning processes, and developmental evolution. Most simplistically, it refers to people whose measured “ability” in at least one area is at the gifted high/right end of the bell curve, while their measured “ability” in at least one other is at the far low end of the bell curve. The term 2E can be misleading since any one person is often exceptional in multiple directions and degrees on multiple dimensions. A more accurate term might be Multi-E.
While asynchronies are often evident in people with twice-exceptionalities, it is a separate term. Asynchronous development refers to when one or more area of developmental progression is out of sync with the progression and level in another area. For example, a child’s cognitive ability in conceptual thinking may be years above his or her chronological age, while that same child’s social awareness – or mathematical understanding -may be typical or lag behind what is the norm for her age. That child experiences asynchronous development.