Family Wellbeing Coach
Helping parents create the family life they love!
Unlock The #1 Secret to Setting Boundaries that Work – Even With Intense or Neurodivergent Kids
Without Rage, Retreat, or Regret. A Free 45-min Workshop
Register for Aligned Parents Get Mental And Emotional Fitness
of [un]identified gifted | 2e children
Sheryl Stoller, PCI Certified Parent Coach® and founder of both Stoller Parent Coaching and Beyond Expectations – A resource for parents when children’s abilities, sensibilities and behaviors go beyond, expertly helps parents navigate the challenges and enhance the rewards of parenting. Her extensive training, life experience as a mother of three thriving children and innate personal qualities combine to make her exceptional at connecting with and providing collaborative guidance for parents. Clients credit Sheryl with enabling them to positively transform their family life.
Me with Dr. Shefali Tsabary
"There are few who can work with families of gifted and twice-exceptional children the way Sheryl Stoller can. She is not only perceptive, compassionate, and knowledgeable but also extremely effective and results-oriented. She is trained in conscious parenting approaches and has had tremendous success with her clients.Dr. Shefali Tsabary Clinical Psychologist and NYT bestselling author
I unreservedly recommend her!"
“My sessions with Sheryl have provided invaluable guidance for me in specific situations as well as in the broad outlook for teaching my children the values I want them to take into the world. Through the process I have seen the relationship between my boys improve as well as my confidence as a parent grow. I am a happier parent thanks to Sheryl’s direction, knowing I have the tools and her support to guide me.”Mother of two (15 months and 5 years) experiencing challenges with sibling relationships and her own struggle to balance household demands with children’s needs
“I greatly appreciated the guidance in figuring out what I want to take a stand on. I am much more mindful of my interactions, filled with hopefulness, have changed habits and ways of thinking, and have better relationships with my kids. This process with Sheryl is a great fit for all different challenges – it helps you create a healthier more fulfilling family life and relationships.”K.T. Mother of 3 girls, Preteens and Teens
How I help
Support. Encouragement. Advice.
Providing a warm relationship and customizing the pacing and the process itself to fit my client’s personal style and needs, I enable parents to trust what they already know, integrate pertinent knowledge and try out new ways of parenting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Overall, the parents who hire me have children ranging in age from infancy through young-adulthood, and are looking to:
- Find effective parenting solutions that combine reliable information with the family’s unique personalities, dynamics and circumstances
- Alleviate feelings of being overwhelmed, alone, frantic, inadequate, discouraged, exasperated, worried about their children’s prospects
- Put joy back into their lives and family relationships
- Work better as a team with their spouse/partner and/or other supports
- Make self-care a priority as a necessity for parenting well
- Create a calm, nurturing, connected family life for all to thrive
I provide individual and couples parent coaching, as well as group parent coaching, workshops and presentations.
My area of concentration is supporting parents of children who are “more” – heightened emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
Individuals and Couples
Topics Often Covered:
- Self-care as the foundation for parenting well
- Parenting Styles, Children’s Learning Styles and the Meshing of the two
- Ages/Stages of Development for understanding behaviors in context
- Connected Communication & Collaborative Problem-Solving to build trusting relationships and lifelong interpersonal skills
- Limit-Setting / Logical Consequences, combining valid reliable research with parents’ values, concerns and goals
- Sibling Relationships to nurture mutual care, support and considerate interactions
- Life Transitions as opportunities for profound positive growth
- Motivation Development to inspire self-direction and perseverance
- School Personnel and Parent Relationships, enhancing the effectiveness of the collaboration for the benefit of the child
- Technology and Media, effectively using both to enhance life
Group Parent Coaching, Workshops and Presentations
I customize the content, format, location and number of sessions to the composition and needs of the groups. Group coaching, workshops and presentations are often privately sponsored. To learn more, read on. To register or to retain her for sessions, workshops or presentations for your group, please contact her here.
- Interactive, eliciting creative participation
- Informative, providing relevant knowledge and perspective
- Inspiring, renewing energy, hope and confidence
- Practical, guiding participants to write a plan for using new approaches for existing challenges
Informal Groups / Workshops include sessions with:
- Pre-existing parent groups, such as playgroups, Girl Scout troops, book clubs, close friends
- Parents of children of a particular age
- Parents concerned with particular issues
Institutional / Organizational sponsors and venues include:
◦ Pre-schools, Elementary, Middle Schools, High Schools
◦ Parent Coordinators
◦ School Administrations
◦ Executive Directors, Boards
◦ Public, private
- Physicians’ Practices
- Community Centers
Sessions take place either by phone or in person and last one hour. After each session, I provide clients with a written follow-up that reinforces highlights of the session, including the self-designed step(s) clients have committed to for the week ahead. While 10 – 12 sessions are usually optimal for reaping the full benefits of my coaching, I aim to creatively accommodate whatever time and fee constraints you face.
Specifically, parents hire me to help them with many issues, including:
- Transitions, i.e. entering a new phase of development, school, life
- Misbehaviors, i.e. power struggles, defiance, back-talk
- Children’s life-skills, i.e. cooperation and independence relative to sleep, hygiene, chores, family life, school, homework, friendships, siblings
- Personal growth as a parent, i.e. learning how to appropriately balance tendencies to fix, control, manage, and be everything for everybody
- External and internal pressures to have it all, do it all, be the smartest and best at everything, now
- Management of technology, media and peer influence
A PCI Certified Parent Coach® is a professional trained to expertly guide parents to refine their parenting approaches in ways that effectively address challenges and enhance each family member’s short and long-term well-being.
These coaches are certified upon completion of The Parent Coaching Institute’s yearlong intensive graduate-level program, a program that was developed in conjunction with Seattle Pacific University.
The PCI coaching method enables clients to:
- identify and build on what already works well for them
- learn parenting approaches proven to be effective through evidence-based research
- gain clarity about their vision for their family
- effectively customize their parenting approaches to meet their personal vision
- benefit from the professional and personal experience of their PCI Certified Coach®
PCI Parent Coaching is not mental health therapy. It is not designed to heal deep emotional wounds. It is designed to benefit healthy parents dealing with parenting challenges. This may include parents whose children are under the care of therapists and/or psychiatrists. With the client’s consent, The PCI Certified Parent Coach® can confer with those professionals to work as a team for the well being of the whole family.